Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Void of a Fallout

The bottled drink of decadence

corroded my mind on this night

The Reaper offered condolence

as Fate passed into sight


Signs in the sky and pavement

show me I'm not welcome here

This wasteland is all but vacant

Lost souls drift away far and near


Where is this man to go now?

Walking alone in the fallout


I'm no longer in what I thought was heaven

Instead I'm in the haven of the damned

Artificial angels soar in the dust clouds

Oh God, where is this man but in doubt?


The door of death is now open

He ponders the sulfurous smell

The demon crawlss back slowly in

Back from the darkest void of hell


He is no longer tested physically

His mind perceives nothing true

You tested Fate's lovely cruelty

It doesn't want possessions; only you


Who is this lonely man now?

Now a remnant of the final fallout

No comments:

Post a Comment