Friday, July 30, 2010

Sleep

Ok so it's 2 in the morning right now, there is some distant thunder that can be heard through the stained window and hollow walls, and I can't sleep! I am wide awake at the moment and can not seem to fall asleep for the life of me. If I was a night bird that would be cool, because then I could watch the lightning spray across the sky like graffiti amidst a wall of black. Soaring, drifting, the billowing winds giving my body buoyancy as I sail through waves of trees and branches. The pale moonlight would provide just enough visibility to narrowly miss certain objects in my path, such as a dimming streetlight (enshrouded by a cloud of fog) might do for a quiet loner, wandering the streets vacantly at night. Such as I am, such will I be. Well, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment